Q: Refill of coolent

My coolent needed refilling, & was surprised, as I have never had this problem before with other passett cars before going into service, is this normal?

This is a little odd given the age of the vehicle as it should not be too low on coolant this soon, however there are numerous reasons this may happen. A common problem is a slow leak or potentially some slight evaporation. I would suggest having a professional from YourMechanic come to your home to perform a coolant service and inspection to be sure you do not have any leaks and that your cooling system is working properly.