Q: Reduced power 2005 Pontiac G6

Car started running bad reduced power light comes on car will not go faster than 20 then shut car off and on several times. Started running fine .about 40 minutes later I smelled something it was the serpente.belt so it's not on the car . Is this 1issuse with the car or 2 sepwrate issues

My car's transmission is unknown to me.

Hi there - if I understood your symptoms correctly, the serpentine/accessory belt has failed? If so, that would lead to overheating and a run-down battery since this belt drives both the water pump and alternator. The car will start limiting power if it sense overheating or other "threatening" behavior. This is intended to save the engine from more expensive damage if it is kept running. I recommend a loss of power inspection and serpentine belt replacement performed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose these problems, and give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.