Q: reconnecting new alternator

Bought new Alternator for 82 toyota sunrader camper with the pickup truck front end. Duralast from auto zone #14273 55 Amp 6 Cable. Installed New Alternator and New seperate 6 cable regulator. The new alternator has a capacitor attached to the back, and it's black cable is occupying the B terminal post. I am confused where to attach the red battery charging lead wire now because I thought it belongs onthe B bolt.

A: You are correct. The battery cable attaches...

You are correct. The battery cable attaches to the B terminal. The capacitor is there to help smooth out the voltage spikes that the alternator produces. If you are still not comfortable with the repair, a certified technician from YourMechanic will be able to complete the installation of your new alternator for you. Best of luck.