Q: Recommended maintenance service by showroom

i drive this 2012 cadillac srx. When i go to service my dealer is forcing me to get one of the recommended maintenence which is not covered in premium care. he say something about body throttle that needs to be done and the estimation is around 1000 $. Do i need to get the recommended service done through the dealer. Not sure if that is worth spending $1000 for the sake of saying as recommended and not mandatory.

The dealerships will often times recommend services such as this as a means to generate additional revenue for their service departments. These are called "recommended services" for just that reason - they are often not necessary. Your throttle body specifically will tell you when it needs to be serviced as it will cause the check engine light to come on and will cause the engine to run noticeably poor. If you’re concerned about a potential performance issue, a certified YourMechanic technician can help inspect your vehicle and provide a second opinion.

3. Recommended maintenance service by showroom