Q: Rear tire wear on the outside and insides of the tires, but not in the middle

Hi,

I got in an accident last year and was hit hard in the right rear side of my truck. I got the car back in February. The truck was repaired and given back to me, I am now experiencing rear tire wear on the outsides of the tires and a little on the insides. I have had 3 people look at it, they all say it's maintenance and that's crap. The tires were all at 8.8 tread and now are at 4.7 and 4.6 in the rear and 7.0 and 6.7 in the front. So there is definitely a problem after only 8 months of needing new tires in the rear. What are the possibilities of causing this?

A: Without looking at the tires and going on y...

Without looking at the tires and going on you saying the tires are wearing on the outside edges of the tires I would say your tires were driven with the pressures too low or overloaded on a regular basis. Here is a web page for you to see a picture of tire wear patterns and causes.