Q: Car does not start.

Recently the car did not start all lights came on butt engine wouldn't turn. But if I wait and try again still nothing af,ter several tries it catches but doesntt start Waiting several minute more turning the key pumping gas almost starts but doesn't then if I press s and turn again it will start but wants to die if I don't pump gas.. Lights are not dim the battery is good and it only does it now and then. If I don't drive it for a day it does it but sometimes does it right after turned it off t seems like every time I try to start by turning key it buildds u up power. Never had any issue before

Hi there

In most cases, this problem is an indicator of a faulty or dirty fuel injectors or fuel filter that needs to be replaced. If the engine cranks multiple times but doesn’t ignite until after a few attempts, it’s usually fuel related and should be inspected by a professional mobile mechanic to determine what needs to be replaced or repaired to solve your issues.

You may be experiencing a couple of different issues at the same time. If you turn the key and power is supplied to the starter with no function, then the starter itself may be at fault. Then when the vehicle turns and does not start, but will get better as you apply the throttle, you may have a blocked idle air control valve or an intake air/engine coolant temperature sensor offering false information to the engine computer causing the fuel mixture to be too rich. Consider hiring an experienced technician like one from YourMechanic who can come out to the vehicle that won’t start, run a few tests and offer a more personal diagnosis and estimate the proper repairs.

3. Car does not start.