Q: Rain leaking into passenger's floorboard - 1973 Pontiac Ventura

I purchased this old car several months ago. Each time it rains, the floorboard on the passenger's side gets filled with water. I've been using the car cover due to this issue, but I'd like to get this fixed. The leak is located near the passenger's fender but I'm not sure where it is exactly. Do you have any advice how I could locate the leak and fix this properly?

A: Hello there, thanks for writing in. It is n...

Hello there, thanks for writing in. It is not uncommon for older vehicles such as your 1973 Pontiac Ventura to have water leaks when it rains. This is usually due to the older style door and window seal material that was used in the 70s. The three most likely causes would be a window seal, door seal, or the door is not fitting properly. I’d recommend having a certified automotive technician, such as one from YourMechanic, diagnose this leak and make any repairs required.