Q: Radio, steering, and horn problems at lower speeds

When I had the radio on a beep occurred and the volume went up. The controls on the steering wheel no longer worked. The radio and the horn didn’t work either. When I turned off the radio for a minute and turned it back on it worked. It usually does this at lower speeds. The dealer cannot tell me what it is or duplicate it. Do you know what is wrong?

Hello. The first thing to attempt is to find a short somewhere. Pay close attention to what conditions the radio cuts off. Attempt to recreate the issue and trace your voltage and amperage until you find the point it drops. It there is not a short in the power supply to the radio, the next diagnostic would be on the speaker side. Using your volt meter, track voltage and amperage from radio to front speakers. Having diagrams for this makes the process a lot simpler. If you would like to have this scoped out for you, get in touch with a local expert to diagnose the electrical problem as it becomes easier to replicate.

3. Radio, steering, and horn problems at lower speeds