Q: Radio stays on after closing the driver door.

The radio stays on after closing the driver door however if I open and close the back door it goes off . Is this an electrical issue that can be costly or something I can do myself? Thank you

Hi there. The issue seems to be the back door switch. Check the back door switch and see if the ground is clean or loose. The ground on the door switch is the bolt that holds the door switch to the vehicle door jam. There could be a loose bolt or there could be corrosion under the switch causing a break in the circuit until there is a big jolt, like closing the door. If the door switch ground is good, then I recommend replacing the back door switch. If you need further assistance with your radio staying on, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. Radio stays on after closing the driver door.