Q: Radiator issue

I filled my radiator with coolant, didn't notice any leaks, yet my temp gauge goes to hot after a few minutes of driving. Doesn't happen while idling though

If the cooling system was "empty", it has to be re-filled while purging trapped air. Some vehicles are equipped with purge points. If there is trapped air in the cooling passages, that can cause overheating as trapped air impedes coolant flow. If there is no trapped air in your circumstance, among the most common causes of vehicle overheating are a stuck closed thermostat, a partially plugged radiator, a defective radiator pressure cap, a water pump that is not driving at engine speed due to a loose drive belt and/or a collapsed lower radiator hose. Operating while overheating is a significant cause of engine damage, due to the warping of the head and/or block, and so it is recommended that you request an engine overheating diagnostic. The responding certified mechanic will identify the root cause(s) of the overheating and give you an estimate of the cost to get the faults repaired.