Q: Programming a key fob isn't working

I've went through all the steps that I'm supposed to in able to program the key fob. But when I get to part where I have to push the unlock and lock button on the key fob, I get no response.

A: Hi there. Check to see if the key fob is pr...

Hi there. Check to see if the key fob is programmed for the right vehicle. Complete the following steps to help you with your programming issue: If your vehicle key fob hooks into the ignition then remove key from ignition. Remove the MALL PGM or BCM PRGRM fuse from fuse box. Close all of the car doors. Turn the ignition switch to ACC. (ACC is turning the key back toward you). Within 1 second turn the ignition to OFF then back to ACC. Open then close the driver’s door. An acoustic sound will be heard after closing the door indicating the vehicle is in programming mode. Hold the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons on the remote for about 15 seconds until two chimes are heard. Remove key from ignition and replace MALL PGM or BCM PRGRM fuse. Now you can test the key fob to see if it is working. If you need further assistance with programming the key fob, then seek out a professional, such as one from YourMechanic, to assist you with your vehicle.