Q: Problems with car alarm

I am having problems with my alarm system on my car. My car won't start.

A: Hi. Before the vehicle will start, the powe...

Hi. Before the vehicle will start, the powertrain control module (PCM) must receive a signal from the key transponder. The transponder checks to see if the key being inserted is valid. If it does not recognize the key, it will not give the PCM the go ahead to close the fuel injection relay for engine operation. If the system is not working, try using your spare key if you have one. If not, the key may need to be replaced or the immobilizer may need to be reprogrammed/replaced. I suggest having a trained technician, such as one from YourMechanic, inspect the starting issue with your vehicle.