Q: Problem with securilock / PATS system is driving me crazy!

I have an issue with the securilock system, which the ford dealer in my town can´t solve plus he wants to charge me a lot of money just to take a look at it and try to find something. Problem is that the securilock system activates WHILE I am driving. I know, how can it do that? Ford says that it is impossible for it to activate after the engine is on, but it is happening to me. It activates just for a few moment, less than a second and then turns off, making the engine jam for a brief moment but without turning it off completely. I know it is not a key issue because it also happens with the spare key. These has become a constant problem, happens like twice during every ride, and I fear it will end up hurting the transmission.

A: Your Escape can be diagnosed and repaired w...

Your Escape can be diagnosed and repaired without having to be at a Ford dealer if that is your preference. Your symptoms can be caused by: electrical interferences such as AC voltage coming from a faulty alternator, or an ignition related misfire.

The battery should be tested and verified as good. Battery cables, connections, and grounds all need to be checked to ensure that they are clean and tight. Aftermarket electrical accessories, like an alarm, can be the cause. Using a scan tool to check for PATS-related or any other diagnostic trouble codes is indicated.

I’d recommend getting some help from a qualified technician who can diagnose your electrical issue and fix it accordingly at your home or workplace.