Q: previous dead battery fir no apparent reason. now switches on steering column not working. no lights turn signals wipers

After battery died, two warning lights staying on, airbad and brake. Now switches on steering column not working. No lights signals wipers...hazards work fine.headlights still flash when alarm is set

Hello. You should start by asking yourself if the battery died because it was old and malfunctioning, or if the alternator and charging system components strained it. There is an obvious electrical issue that is stemming from a main source of power and control. The battery and it’s charging circuit, fuse box, the PCM, and ECU can all have the same effect. The first step would be to have the vehicle scanned and retrieve the codes setting off the warning lights. This would give you an idea about what the computer is detecting and may make diagnosis a lot easier. You will likely have to do some more testing on the battery, fuses, and affected components. Start with a scan so when you go to test for voltage you will know where to start.

• previous dead battery fir no apparent reason. now switches on steering column not working. no lights turn signals wipers