Q: Power steering pump makes the car too loose power and automatically stops

Power steering pump makes the car too loose power and automatically stops and locks

This suggests your power steering pump may have failed and locked up. The [power steering]((https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/power-steering-fluid-is-leaking-inspection) system operates on very high pressurized hydraulic pressure (in some cases as much as 300 psi). As a result, the pump works very hard to maintain the ability to assist turning your steering wheel and when the pump is overworked due to the rack and pinion not pump fluid properly or potentially due to pinched fluid lines, this may cause it to leak. When this happens, as the pump loses fluid it may cause it to squeal or whine as a result of inadequate fluid, eventually burning up the pump. The lack of fluid will cause the hydraulic pressure in the system to drop and you may notice the steering becoming a bit more stiff when turning the wheel. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose your power steering system.

3. Power steering pump makes the car too loose power and automatically stops