Q: Power steering problem

When the truck is stopped there is a rattle and it continues when you start moving. The rattle becomes much worse when I turn the steering wheel in either direction and is accompanied with a hissing sound. I added some PS fluid and the sound still persists and there is now fluid on the engine as if it sprayed out. I dont know if its related or not but I replaced the Universal Joints in the one piece drive shaft about a week ago.

Hello. From what you are explaining it sounds like your power steering pump is failing. I usually start by checking the tightness of the power steering belt. If the belt is fine then I check the pressure coming from the pump with a pressure gauge. Most of the time the pump is the issue. I have also seen restrictions in the steering gear box that will cause this also and that will require that the gear box be replaced. If you want to have this steering issue checked out, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to you to [diagnose why the steering is acting like this] https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/brakes-steering-and-suspension-inspection

3. Power steering problem