Q: Power steering doesn't work well on revolution below 1000rpm.

I have a Land Cruiser 80 Series with a Lexus V8 1UZ-FE VVTi conversion. On idle, the power steering is not always assisting in steering, but as soon as the revolution go above 1000rpm the power steering fine. The pump was removed and tested. All seals were replaced and on test bench pump exceeds recommended pressures. What can I do to solve this issue the easiest way?

Hello, thanks for writing in. If the pump is building pressure then you either have a steering gear failure or a failure in the steering angle sensor. Depending on the year of the vehicle, it may use a steering angle sensor that tells the computer that you are turning the wheel and then allows it to build pressure. Most of the time though, this is caused by an internal failure of the steering gear. The spool valve usually gets clogged or breaks loose and causes this. If you want to have this hard steering problem checked out, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose and repair this.