Q: Power steering

When I turn my steering wheel it binds until I straighten the wheel. I took power steering cap off while car was running and it was bubbling

Hello. This can be caused by a few different parts in the steering system. Most of the time it is caused by either a failing rack and pinion or a bad ball joint, tie rod, or a bad strut mount. If any of these are binding then this will occur.

I usually get the vehicle in the air and check each of these parts for binding. If there is any then they need to be replaced. If these parts move freely then the rack and pinion needs to be checked.

In some rare occasions flushing out the power steering fluid can help if it is really dirty.

If you want to have your hard steering problem checked, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose and repair this.