Q: power steering got hard after hitting a hole.

I have a 98 honda accord Japanese and I bounce in a hole the other day and ever since then my eps light came on and my steering got hard

Hi there. When the EPS (Electronic Power Steering) light came on after hitting a pot hole in the road, then the jolt could have dislodged a wire from the EPS controller. Look around the steering column for any loose wiring. If your wheels turned quickly in the pot hole, then it is possible that the EPS sensors has picked up the jolt and set the light. Try resetting the ECU (Electronic Control Unit) or remove the battery cables and reset the whole vehicle. This may put the vehicle back into service condition. If not, then either a sensor may have failed or the motor burned up from the jolt. If you need further assistance with your power steering system, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. power steering got hard after hitting a hole.