Q: power or electronical

power and charging problems. it will crank but it loses its power. is it an electrical or is it the alternator?

The alternators job is to keep the battery in your Jeep charged while everything else runs off of your battery power. If the Jeep cranks but does not start, the problem is going to be a lack of fuel and or spark.

There are many variables on what will cause your engine to not start. Jeeps are common to have the Auto Shut Down (ASD) relay go bad and it is fairly easy to locate with your owners manual. Once located, you can have a friend turn the key to the #2 position (do not attempt to start) while you hold your finger on the relay itself.You should feel it click. If you don’t, try replacing the relay and attempt starting your Jeep again.

It is also possible the battery itself is the culprit. Here’s how to check your battery if you’re comfortable under the hood of your Jeep. If the problem is more than a battery or relay, it may be time to enlist the assistance of a certified technician to come by and diagnose why your Jeep isn’t starting and assist you with the repairs needed to get your jeep driving again.

3. power or electronical