Q: Power cutting off, then come back with the alarm going off

The power on my car cuts off frequently. I had the battery tested and replaced it because it was bad. After the battery replacement, the car ran fine for a while. Then the power started cutting off again. The car would be without power for 15 seconds and it would then turn on again. At the point, the alarm would be activated. The same is when I use the remote to start it up. It turns off again for no apparent reason. I checked the fuses. Everything is fine. There are no dashboard lights that are on when the car is turned on. Why is this happening? I appreciate your help.

A: Hello. There are a couple of causes that co...

Hello. There are a couple of causes that come to mind in this case. Battery cables, electrical system grounds or the electrical control unit (ECU) all come to mind as possibilities.

It is safe to say a vehicle that completely dies intermittently is not safe to drive. The vehicle has the potential to die at the worst possible moment causing big problems. This vehicle should be diagnosed and repaired ASAP. The technicians at YourMechanic are standing by to assist you with any service needs you may have, including an inspection of your loss of power issue.