Q: Possible broken rod

I hear a knocking. And the engine runs, but the car won't drive. I think it's a broken rod.

Hello. Whether or not your engine has rods depends on what type of engine you have. The knocking noise that you hear could be the result of an internal engine part. A broken internal engine part will cause the car to have no power and this could be why it won’t drive. It may be necessary to have your engine replaced or rebuilt. I would advise that you have a diagnosis done by a certified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, in order to pinpoint your problem and make recommendations for repairs.