Q: pls how many o2 sensors would i need to buy to replace the ones i have and which product is best for a ford edge

i have an issue with my ford edge. my engine light has been on for a while and took it to Ford for a diagnosis and they said i have to change my catalytic converters and o2 sensors. the bill is ridiculous as i am based in Lagos Nigeria and so is the Ford dealership. i need professional advice as i want to explore buying the parts from the US and having it sent down to me. Pls help. i am also thinking of changing the o2 sensors first, hoping that would solve the problem and save me the cost of changing the catalytic converters

Hello, the number of O2 sensors you have will depend on what kind of engine your vehicle is equipped with. The 4 cylinder 2.0 has 2 sensors and all the other V6 engines have 4 sensors. The sensors are only made by two manufacturers, NGK and Bosch. Both are great sensors and niether one stands out as better than the other. I doubt you have 4 bad sensors and converters in your vehicle. You should get a second opinion on the problem, unless you made a mistake like putting diesel in a gas motor or something. Good luck.

• pls how many o2 sensors would i need to buy to replace the ones i have and which product is best for a ford edge