Q: pls how many o2 sensors would i need to buy to replace the ones i have and which product is best for a ford edge

i have an issue with my ford edge. my engine light has been on for a while and took it to Ford for a diagnosis and they said i have to change my catalytic converters and o2 sensors. the bill is ridiculous as i am based in Lagos Nigeria and so is the Ford dealership. i need professional advice as i want to explore buying the parts from the US and having it sent down to me. Pls help. i am also thinking of changing the o2 sensors first, hoping that would solve the problem and save me the cost of changing the catalytic converters

A: Hello, the number of O2 sensors you have wi...

Hello, the number of O2 sensors you have will depend on what kind of engine your vehicle is equipped with. The 4 cylinder 2.0 has 2 sensors and all the other V6 engines have 4 sensors. The sensors are only made by two manufacturers, NGK and Bosch. Both are great sensors and niether one stands out as better than the other. I doubt you have 4 bad sensors and converters in your vehicle. You should get a second opinion on the problem, unless you made a mistake like putting diesel in a gas motor or something. Good luck.