Q: Please advise if the electronic throttle system of the the car above is the same as 2006 toyota camry

I would like to find out if the maker of the electronic throttle system of the 2006 suzuki grand vitara is the same as the the 2006 toyota camry. Whether the same or not, please provide the name of the manufacturer.

If you’re attempting to swap throttle bodies between a Suzuki and Toyota, in most cases, this will not work. In this case, I am unable to confirm whether or not such a swap will work. I suspect it will not. The two engine designs for those vehicles is very different, but that doesn’t mean Suzuki isn’t using a Toyota throttle body. A mechanic would have had to work on both of these cars and compared the two to know for sure.

At this point I recommend calling your local auto parts store and have them look up the throttle body for both of the vehicles. Keep in mind, you will need to speak with an experienced parts person as some are not as good as others. Most auto parts store computer systems can tell you what vehicles a given part will fit. Have the parts person look up that information. This is the best way to know for sure.

The only better option, which we often don’t have available to us, is to have both parts in our hands for direct comparison. Even then, there can be electronic differences that we cannot see that the parts compatibility system at your local auto parts store is supposed to weed out.

Keep in mind, anytime you attempt to do something like a parts swap between different cars, it’s entirely at your own risk. Matching parts in this fashion is almost always problematic and takes a significant amount of trial and error. There are some cases where this can work, but please understand, you are acting as an automotive engineer when attempting such things. It could be difficult to find anyone that will be able to help you troubleshoot any issues that may arise in the process, unless you know of a mechanic or shop that has already done a swap like this.

3. Please advise if the electronic throttle system of the the car above is the same as 2006 toyota camry