Q: PCV problem?

There is some oil in my air intake only after the TB before there isn't any oil in there. It consumes 1qt every 1700 miles. Can the PCV be my problem ? If I shake the PCV it rattles like normal! The PCV runs from the valve cover to the intake after the throttle body.

Hi, thanks for writing in. It is possible the PCV is not flowing enough to clear the engine of all the bypass of the combustion process and the excess will go into the air cleaner on some engines. The air cleaner may have a small filter inside them to filter the combustion air from dirt being sucked in when the PCV is in a high vacuum condition and will suck extra air in to the crankcase through the air cleaner small hose. You should change the PCV valve and clean out the air cleaner. Change the oil and filter then drive like normal to see if oil gets in the air filter again indication of excessive combustion pressure in the engine. This indicates leaking piston rings on the pistons and an engine overhaul would need to be done. If you would like help, consider having an expert automotive technician from YourMechanic come to your home or office to inspect and diagnose this issue for you, and make or suggest any repairs as needed.