overheating maybe honda overheating 2002 civic leaks l4-1.7l

Q: overheating maybe

asked by on July 21, 2017

my car is overheating when you come to a stop but there is no steam coming out of the car and my dashboard lights dont come on saying anything is wrong with the car. i do check and have to add water sometimes to the radiator or the reserved

If you do not have any external leaks and have to keep adding coolant due to getting low then you most likely have a leaking head gasket and would need to have a pressure leak test to see if head is leaking coolant into the cylinders. If it is then the head would need removed and checked for cracks and bad gasket.