Q: Overheating issue and coolant draining after replacing head gasket

My boyfriend has replaced the head gasket and after running the car for a few minutes the coolant/water is completely drained. The thermostat was replaced 3 times to be sure it wasn't the issue, the fan is kicking on for the radiator and there is no oil mixing with the coolant and no coolant mixing with the oil. Also the head was tested and it is not cracked. HELP!

Hello. Was there any issue with the coolant before this point? If so, the blown head gasket may be a result of the engine overheating due to lack of coolant. You should start by pressure testing the cooling system. Make sure the coolant is topped off. While cool, install the cooling system gauge in place of the radiator cap and pump it to the rating for your cooling system (it will be listed on the cap or engine diagram). Check the system or any leaks visible to the naked eye. Also watch the gauge and look for the pressure to drop. Release the pressure and retest with the vehicle running. Let the pressure build on its own. Again, measure the pressure and watch for it to raise higher that the rating listed, or for it to drop steadily. If the coolant is leaking from the engine that quickly, the point in which the coolant is flowing from should be very evident. Focus on that point for the repair.