Q: Overheated and car is cool now. It cranks when I turn the key but does not want to start.

asked by on February 28, 2017

I had my car towed last night since it got over heated I drove it and rested it till it shut off ... But once I got home had it towed I tried turning the key again and it started but went off ...? But again I tried adding water to cool it down but it would leak it out ? All the water . I try starting it like it wants to start but doesn't ?how I'd i know of the engine is not messed up ? Or could it be a broken sensor or hose ?

Oil/Fluid Leak Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Look around the engine compartment to see where the leak is coming from when you fill up the radiator with coolant / water. Check the radiator, water pump, freeze plugs on the engine, all of the coolant hoses. If you have a reservoir, check the reservoir to see if it has a leak. If you need further assistance with your coolant leaking, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.