Q: Over drive light is blinking & not shifting into overdrive

over drive light is blinking & not shifting into overdrive on surface streets or on freeway

Hi There, If your overdrive light is blinking, this is indicating that there is a problem with your car’s transmission. It could be the shift solenoid or possibly the speed or range sensors. There are many different issues that can cause the light to flash. When your transmission’s control unit senses an issue, it will store a Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) in the computer. To determine what may be causing this, I would suggest having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to download the trouble codes stored in the computer which will indicate more specifically what may be causing this.

3. Over drive light is blinking & not shifting into overdrive