Q: Only cranks and starts sometimes. When it doesn't start, I hear a click coming from relay box. I don't think click is coming from starter

About 2 months ago is when I first had the problem. Went to start an nothing but one quiet click. Now becoming more frequent. At first if I turned the key over a few times in succession it would fire up, now it won't. One time it wouldn't start I smacked the steering column and it fired, next time it wouldn't start I tried hitting the column again, but didn't work, so tapped the starter and it fired. Need help determining if it's the starter, ignition switch or neutral safety switch.

3. Only cranks and starts sometimes. When it doesn't start, I hear a click coming from relay box. I don't think click is coming from starter