Q: One of the wheels that holds the serpentine belt has completely snapped off, I believe it is the power steering one. repair cost?

You know a picture says 1000 words..but can't post. So it is the wheel that leads to the tensioner and then to the alternator. I believe it to be the power steering..what repair cost can I expect? Thanks for any advice!

A: Hi there. A picture is worth a thousand wor...

Hi there. A picture is worth a thousand words. Assuming it is the power steering pulley that has broken would lead me to question why this happened. It could be the power steering pump has seized resulting in a broken pulley. The problem needs to be properly diagnosed to prevent a reoccurrence. I recommend having your vehicle’s serpentine belt diagnosed and repaired by a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, if you need further help. If you would like to get an estimate on costs, you can visit our estimator page to get a quote.