Q: One month old tires all leaking

I had new tires put on one month ago. Three of the tires definitely lose about 10 pounds of pressure every week. I stop to have them checked every Friday since they look low and feel low when driving. Yesterday I stopped and the mechanic checked and said three of the tires were leaking around the rim. My usual repair shop is not where I purchased the tires. My question is whether this is common. Do newly installed tires leak three months after they are installed?

As long as the rims are in good condition, and the beads on the rims are cleaned properly when the tires are installed, a tire really should not leak at all. The quality of a tire can play a part in the sealing ability also, but if there is a tire that isn’t sealing properly, there are sealants that can be used to improve the seal of the tire bead to the rim. Something else to note, if the wheels have oxidation, or damage, it too can have an effect on the bead seal. If you need help in identifying and/or repairing the problem, contact a certified mechanic, like those available at YourMechanic.com.

3. One month old tires all leaking