Q: Q: Oil pressure

When i first start the car my pressure guage reads 0. If i drive for about 10 minutes it starts to read pressure. As long as i am moving i will read pressure. When i stop at a light oil pressure goes back to zero and then back up when i move again.

What could cause this to happen?

The oil pressure should never read "0." It will be very low, usually around 15-20 psi, but should never be "0." There are a number of factors to consider in terms of oil pressure such as the viscosity of the oil, the type of oil filter, engine rpm’s at idle and the engine temperature. When the engine is under load and as the rpm’s increase, the oil pressure should be up around 45-60 psi. If it is in fact "0," this may be cause for alarm and may suggest you do not have any oil in the motor or potentially a faulty oil pressure sensor. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose your oil pressure switch.

3. Q: Oil pressure