Q: Oil leak

My car is leaking oil not a lot but it still leaks I use 10W30 synthetic oil in my car if I were to switch to conventional oil would it still leak as bad

A: Hi there. Believe it or not, <a href='https...

Hi there. Believe it or not, changing from synthetic to conventional could increase the leak. Although the viscosity of oil is similar in 10W30, synthetic oil tends to be a bit thicker in general. Plus, if you use synthetic, you'd want to progressively switch; go to a blend, then full conventional after a few oil changes. The best suggestion is to contact one of our local mechanics who can find and repair the source of your oil leak.