Q: Oil leak

My car is leaking oil not a lot but it still leaks I use 10W30 synthetic oil in my car if I were to switch to conventional oil would it still leak as bad

A: Hi there. Believe it or not, changing from ...

Hi there. Believe it or not, changing from synthetic to conventional could increase the leak. Although the viscosity of oil is similar in 10W30, synthetic oil tends to be a bit thicker in general. Plus, if you use synthetic, you'd want to progressively switch; go to a blend, then full conventional after a few oil changes. The best suggestion is to contact one of our local mechanics who can find and repair the source of your oil leak.