Q: Oil in my carberater

So in my 91 Silverado I was having some serious trouble with the oil like it would burn quick and very hot and burn dark so one day I was driving it home and on the way home it kept on acting like it wanted to die on me so I gave it more gas and it kept going and it got me home well when I got home I piped the hood and the whole passenger side of my engine block was covered in oil so we thought it was the pcv tube that runs from my gasket to my carberator and I changed well it kept doing it and so I gave it oil change and same thing keeps happening and I have no idea what else I could possibly do and it is also very inconsistent sometime it will run great than it does it so I have no idea what to do now please help...

A: Hi there: Typically when oil is splattered...

Hi there:

Typically when oil is splattered over the left side of the engine, it’s caused by a engine oil seal (such as the crankshaft, camshaft or timing gear cover) is damaged. When oil leaks, it hits the serpentine or drive belt and is ’distributed’ under the hood. If you look under the engine, and see a lot of oil coming from the timing cover or the front of the motor, this is most likely where the oil leak is coming from. If you need help trying to diagnose the source of your oil leak, have one of our mobile mechanics complete an oil is leaking inspection for you.