Q: oil drain plug

How do you remove a rounded drain plug where you can't put a wrench on to remove the bolt. I have tryed vise grips and pipe wench, but still does not move. I spryed penatrating oil and let it set for 2 days and nothing. What can a home mechanic do? I have limited space to remove the oil drain plug. thanks Paul

You would use a bolt-out spiral fluted socket. A common example of this tool is the Craftsman 10 pc. Damaged Bolt/Nut Remover Set Low Profile Bolt-Out (Item # 00952166000P Model # 52166). However, Irwin makes a set as well and you can see it in Home Depot. Upon removal, inspect the threads in the oil pan for damage. If the threads are damaged, seek a professional repair. If you want these steps performed by a certified Mechanic, dispatched by YourMechanic right to your location, please request service from YourMechanic and the responding mechanic will get this resolved for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic.

3. oil drain plug