Q: Not sure what the problem is

New crank shaft ,new spark plugs, new gas pump. there is Current in injectors, time belt is well. it cranks but doesn't start, has gas, electricity works, but does not turn on what can be the problem?? Toyota Corolla 98 engine 1.8

A: Hi there - first thing to check is what pro...

Hi there - first thing to check is what problem codes, if any, are being set - whether the Check Engine light is on or not. This will guide you to the real problem, rather than simply swapping in new parts. Back to fundamentals - is there spark while the starter is turning the engine over? If so, spritz a bit of starter fluid into the air cleaner and attempt to start the engine. If this causes the engine to start momentarily, then stall, you have narrowed the problem to a fuel supply issue (bad fuel pump relay, clogged fuel filter, fuel pressure regulator problem, etc.) For some additional help with this diagnosis, I would recommend having a Car Is Not Starting Inspection completed by a mobile, professional mechanic who will come to your location, such as one from YourMechanic, to diagnose this problem, get an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.