Q: Not starting

I have replaced the bad injector pump, and injectors. Engine cranks but doesn't fire. The "engine temp" light on the dash goes on when I try to start it. I am figuring I need new glow plugs, went and bought them today but have not installed them. The glow plug relay is working, so it's either the glow plugs or the glowplug controller which I'm hoping it's just the glow plugs. Any advice?

Hi there. If the relay is clicking, then there is power to the glow plug controller. Remove one of the glow plugs and look at it. If the glow plug is white and has some blue on the rod, then the glow plug is overheating and needs replaced. If the glow plugs have blue marks on all of them, then they are working and the controller / timer may need replaced. If you need further assistance with your glow plugs, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.