Q: Not getting any power to ignition switch, is it bad?

I have hot-wired a switch to the ignition coil and have to jump the starter in order to run my vehicle. All the key is doing is allowing me to shift gears. I have no blinkers but i have hazards. They share the same fuse. Also no wipers but most other dash accessories work. Ie. Low/high beams brake lights and running lights. Any help would be appreciated, thanks. Also, my fuel pump died and I have that hooked up to the toggle switch. Bad EEC module? Fuel pump module? Short somewhere?

A: Hi, thanks for writing in. In order to diag...

Hi, thanks for writing in. In order to diagnose the problem, you may have to put all the wiring back to the way it should be first. I have seen the ignition switch and the tilt wheel ignition mechanism brake and it will not operate the ignition switch properly. The mechanism is made of thin pot metal that cannot take much pressure and breaks easy. If you would like help, consider having an expert automotive technician from YourMechanic come to your home or office to inspect and diagnose this issue for you, and make or suggest any repairs as needed.