Q: No sound from the stereo system

There seems to be a problem with the volume on my car sound system. The on/off knob pushes in/out, but the volume doesn't work. I can change stations, insert a CD, but there is no sound. I've checked wires and the dash and everything looks okay. Please give me your diagnosis and solution for this. Thanks.

A: The most common cause of the radio not havi...

The most common cause of the radio not having volume in the way you have described is that the radio is failing. Other possible causes are the speakers have failed, or a wiring issue. A qualified technician such as one from YourMechanic will be able to diagnose your sound system issue.