Q: No power to starter. will not turn over.

Van was sitting in garage and now will not turn over. Only two lights on dash go on. There is no power to S terminal on starter. Battery is good.

Hi there. It is possible that the issue you’re having is caused by a faulty battery cable, or damaged main relay. A faulty ground wire could also be the source of the problems you are experiencing as well. Try inspecting these possible sources first, but if you can’t resolve the starting issue on your own, feel free to set up a car is hard to start inspection and one of our professional mobile mechanics will come to your location to assist.

Your vehicle has something called a neutral safety switch that will prevent the vehicle from starting when it is in any gear position other than park or neutral. The "s" terminal wire connects to the safety neutral switch. Occasionally, this switch can malfunction causing the car to stall as soon as you put it into any gear. This switch usually also monitors gear selection data as well to transmit back to the computer. This switch is connected to the starter solenoid which allows it to complete the starter circuit only when the transmission is in park or neutral. I would suggest having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your vehicle.

3. No power to starter. will not turn over.