Q: no power to radio

i have a 520 petrol 2 liter bmw its got no power going to the radio or satellite navigation and the dash screen, ive tried the fuses also another stereo and also disconnected the battery

A: The vehicle will need to be scanned using t...

The vehicle will need to be scanned using the dealer scanner to access the car communication module to see if it is communicating on the car network and to see if the radio is initialized. This can only be done with approved scanners. There are many possible problems with programming or network wire problems on this vehicle, and only a scan can isolate the problem. If you want to have this looked at, a technician from YourMechanic will be able to come to your home or office to diagnose your car’s electrical system to pinpoint the problem and recommend a repair.