Q: No electrical power at all!

My friend is selling me his 96 Honda Accord with the problem that his brake lights would stay on and drain his battery. He has had the car for a couple weeks just parked with dead battery and no motive to jump start it till I came along and tried. Problem is that there is no power at all even with jumper cables connected. Not even the dash lights come on or interior lights. The only lights that seem to work are the emergency lights. I even tried to switch out battery from a car I knew was running with working battery and that didn't even work, still no power at all. Nothing turns over at, no noises either.

Hey there, a couple of different things can cause the vehicle to not start and not have power. The most likely causes are a dead battery, a battery cable, or the ignition switch. For the brake lights staying on, the most common cause would be the brake light switch failing. A qualified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, will be able to diagnose your car’s electrical issues and preform any repairs required.

3. Q: No electrical power at all!