Q: no communication with computer and the security light is on.

hi, the answer to the scan tool is yes its hooked up and the power is on it reads like this yes means it has communication no means it says no communication as follows engine no, abs no, trans no,airbag yes, body control no, instrument yes,key fob yes, theft module yes, tire module yes,. The security light went off after a few seconds when we put it to run and the scanner said the key was programed so we didnt reprogram it. We disconnected the battery for 15 min and reconnected it the engine started and runs smooth still no communication with engine, security light is on while running gauges going crazy occasionally error light was on by odometer, put it into drive the error light went away and there was communication with engine, shift into drive again lost communication with engine gauges screwing up again flashes error in odometer

3. no communication with computer and the security light is on.