Q: P0014 shows up, will it pass inspection?

I was wondering if it will pass inspection with the code p0014. It was sitting for 8 months, I've changed the oil and filter. I've also changed manifold gasket and bolts also the plugs. The inspection ran out March 2016, I don't want to clear the codes since can't drive it around to get the monitors to set.

Hi there. In most urban areas, if any code is set (or at least if any engine/transmission code is set) they will fail the inspection and send you back for repairs. In your case with the P0014 code, sounds like the camshaft position actuator sensor (CPAS for short) has gummed up - not surprising given high and sitting up for 8 months. Take it out, clean it/replace it, re-install it, clear the codes, and you will be just fine. If that does not work, you may need to have a variable valve-timing solenoid replacement completed. If you’d like to have this addressed, a certified professional from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to inspect the code and perform any actions needed to clear it.

3. P0014 shows up, will it pass inspection?