Q: no brakes at all

When i press on the brake pedal, the pedal goes all the way to the floor and the brakes do not engage. So if the car is in drive, the brakes will not press into the rotors. I replaced the brake master cylinder and bench bled it. I have bled the lines at the wheels as well. If I take the calipers off of the rotors and press the brake pedal the calipers will move out like there supposed to. But on the car, they don't have any pressure to stop the rotors. Could this be air in the ABS or a bad ABS module? Is there a way to test the ABS module without a scan tools?

A: There is no way to activate the ABS bleed f...

There is no way to activate the ABS bleed function without a scan tool that has the ABS bleed function capability. Not all scan tools can do this. You most likely do have air trapped in the system and the only way to get it all out is to put the ABS in the bleed setting. You may have to use a pressure bleeder to push enough fluid through and push out the air. If you'd like assistance, a certified YourMechanic technician can come to your location to perform an inspection of your brake pedal issue or help you bleed your brakes.

Recommended services
Get a Quote