Q: New key with a chip cannot start the car - 1992 Cadillac ATS

I'm unable to start the car. After I lost the keys, I had to get the ignition switch replaced. I went to the dealer and he made a new key with the chip inside. However, although the key can turn the switch on, when it's in the start position there is no response. The car cannot be started. What should I do?

A: Hello! The vehicle has to be programmed to ...

Hello! The vehicle has to be programmed to communicate with the new key. I'm surprised that the folks at the dealer let you leave without explaining this. Most locksmiths that do automotive can handle this for you. Best of luck!