Q: Need to replace the broken alternator on my car with a salvaged part

The alternator broke on my car, and I don't have enough money to buy a new replacement. But, there is a salvage yard near my house that has a 2003 Spectra. How do I figure out if that alternator (or a different one) will fit my car?

A: Alternators will generally have their curre...

Alternators will generally have their current rating printed on a label on the back of the alternator. You will want to select one with an equal or higher rating than the one you are replacing. Always make sure the battery is disconnected when servicing an alternator, or serious injury could occur. If you need assistance with this, you may want to seek help from a professional technician if you have any questions choosing or installing the alternator.