Q: My wife was driving her 2003 rav4 when it suddenly just died on her in the freeway. Temp gauge was acting up but no other issues

asked by on November 01, 2017

Wife was driving down the freeway and the car suddenly died on her and wont start we had noticed the temperature gauge acting up but other than no other issues.

If the engine temperature went too high then you have overheated the engine and could of blown the head gasket causing the no start. You will need to have a mechanic like one from YourMechanic do a test to see if it was overheated and if headgasket was blown.