Q: My turbo diesel Triton, btwn 70kms and 80kms starts kicking. At idle sounds and feels like its going to stall.

I have just bought a turbo diesel Triton second hand from a car dealership about a month ago. When I get to 70/80kms, it will start to give a few kicks, this only stops if i give it a little accelleration, feels like its trying to get into a gear?

Also at idle (at start up and even after a warm engine, when stopped in traffic etc) the revs drop to 800 and it keeps trying to rev and rocking the engine sounding like it wants to stall.

Does this sound like a computer electrical problem or mechanical, any ideas what may cause it to do this?

My car has an automatic transmission. with a 4x4 gear shift function.

Hey there, thank you for asking about your Mitsubishi. This is a common issue with many cars when a part called the mass airflow sensor begins to fail. This is a unit that monitors the air intake as it is mixed with fuel prior to being injected into the motor. This sends information to the computer which then makes adjustments to the air/fuel supply. When this is faulty, it will cause the same symptoms you describe. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your home to diagnose your car’s issue and replace the mass airflow sensor if necessary.

• My turbo diesel Triton, btwn 70kms and 80kms starts kicking. At idle sounds and feels like its going to stall.